[kj] Congrats Obama

Brendan Quinn bq at soundgardener.co.nz
Wed Jun 4 03:00:45 EDT 2008

Apparently the Aussies were slutted for a long time that they weren't
getting any combat roles over there, except for their special forces. Their
standard army troops felt embarrassed and were apparently beginning to be
mocked. Not sure why that was, seemed to me like it could have been an
operational decision, you need support and defence troops. But they are a
highly trained military so it rankled that they didn't get a chance to prove
it. Personally I couldn't be happier than to be as far away from any
warzone, I can't even really understand some of the war photographers.