[kj] Congrats Obama

The Exorcist killingjoke at theimmortalfool.com
Wed Jun 4 00:16:49 EDT 2008

YAY. WOOOHOO! Join the rest of the world be like everyone else.
Gimme a break. The US should do what's in its best interest for its people.
It's not a fucking popularity contest to get "the world" to love you.
The Gov't is here to protect, secure and defend. Not baby sit.

At 11:24 PM 6/3/2008, B. Oliver Sheppard wrote:

>It's definitely always a strategic matter of voting for the lesser.

>With Obama the US has a chance to join the rest of the

>industrialized world and have universal health coverage. McCain

>wants to privatize it EVEN MORE than it is. Also, the two do have

>substantial differences over Iraq.

>Australia just pulled out of Iraq a couple of days ago.

>The US hangs on - just like it hangs on to stuff like the death

>penalty, privatized for-profit health coverage that leaves 47

>million uninsured, allowing private bounty hunters to collect on

>bail (I recently learned this was another unique, Wild West-style

>Americanism that few other countries utilize -- in the US any yahoo

>can go take a class for several weeks and then get certified to

>become a bounty hunter and legally enter peoples' homes, stun them,

>apprehend them, take them into prison if they miss bail payments).

>Also, I think with Obama at the masthead the world might like the US

>an iota better than McCain, who voted with Bush 95% of the time last

>year. Int'l goodwill would bode well for terrorist type threats, as

>in making them less likely.

>I'll be voting for Obama, but I'll be holding my nose, sure. Even

>McCain would be better than Bush, but Obama would actually be

>several shades even better than that.

>-Oliver

>T.B. wrote:

>>IMO, all three (well, now two) major candidates (Clinton, Obama and

>>McCain) are equally terrible choices, each with plenty of negatives

>>and few positives. In Obama's case, he's basically a snake oil

>>salesman peddling "change" to plenty of po-faced wide eyed people

>>but he really has little substance behind his rhetoric.

Competition is a barbaric, insensitive ritual that reeks of social Darwinism.
We cannot allow the fittest to survive on our pages. Your loss is someone
else's gain, and your gain is someone else's loss. Therefore, losers contribute
to the society and winners take away from it. Being a winner is
unethical, while
a society of losers is happy and striving as a collective. In the
spirit of diversity,
inclusiveness, and collectivism our contests shall have no winners.
Everyone is declared a loser, which in our book means an ethical team player.