[kj] Congrats Obama

T.B. Partyslammer at socal.rr.com
Tue Jun 3 22:24:14 EDT 2008

"Brendan" wrote:

> Apparently he's won the democratic nomination.

> http://www.nzherald.co.nz/section/2/story.cfm?c_id=2&objectid=10514247

> Don't know enough about him but from the little I do he seems the lesser

> of, well several evils.

IMO, all three (well, now two) major candidates (Clinton, Obama and McCain)
are equally terrible choices, each with plenty of negatives and few
positives. In Obama's case, he's basically a snake oil salesman peddling
"change" to plenty of po-faced wide eyed people but he really has little
substance behind his rhetoric.

Clinton really reeks of self-centered opportunism and heavy-handed
government reactionary liberalism while McCain is basically a somewhat
smarter, slightly more centered version of Bush which is gonna be a tough
pill to swallow for another 4 - 8 years considering where the current
administration has gotten us.

It'll come down to who picks whom for their VP running mate. I'd honestly
be shocked if Obama goes with Clinton after all the mud slinging the past
year. At this point, she's more of a liability than an asset as far as a
running mate. Obama really just wants her vocal support (translation: her
significant voter base).

T.B.