[kj] [OT] little earthquakes

Brendan bq at soundgardener.co.nz
Tue Jul 29 22:38:18 EDT 2008

Yeah me too...I grew up in Wellington which sits smack bang on a fault
line, possibly the same one as LA or linked to it, so I got used to
earthquakes...

I've been looking into alternative building materials recently, courtesy
of Pat's hippie links, apparently rammed earth buildings are more
earthquake proof:

http://www.earthhomes.com/ajaxtabscontent/benefits.htm

(Click on 'durable & safe')