[kj] Sex Pistols singer faces race attack claims

Brendan bq at soundgardener.co.nz
Thu Jul 24 23:00:45 EDT 2008

I remember seeing something about that on telly, seems like a good
initiative.

One thing I'm keen on is mud-brick or earth homes (and temples
;p)...better durability, insulation, hardier, fire resistant, more
earthquake resistant if done right...combined with passive and active
solar heating, the energy requirements for heating are much lower. They
can be more expensive to build originally but they can last for hundreds
of years and the ongoing costs are lower.

Check this out...solar panel windows...genius!

http://www.dailytech.com/MIT+Designs+Solar+Power+Producing+Windows+Coming+Within+3+Years/article12396.htm

Buckminster Fuller pointed out ages ago that there is an abundance of
solar energy for all of our energy needs (assuming adequate storage I
suppose, which still needs to be sorted out), the only problem is that
it's currently priced higher than ripping carbon (oil / coal / gas) out of
the ground. With carbon trading or tax schemes this looks likely to
change...it will increase the cost of carbon based electricity generation.
And increasing funding for solar will reduce the price per watt of
solar...

Interesting times.