[kj] [OT] Centenery

sade1 saulomar1 at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 24 03:21:17 EDT 2008

> Am I a baddie for working at a bank?

   Nah, not if you're not a 'shot-caller' there making decisions
that hurt others. One can always tell, on a personal level, when
what one's doing is harshly affecting others.

> the biggest most fuckest companies are full of perfectly

> normal nice compassionate people.

  Veddy veddy true, but in the end niceness** still can't absolve someone
who's involved in harmful or immoral practices. That said i of course wouldn't
hold a secretary responsible for the CEO's policies, or even for a midlevel
analyst's decisions.
  Am NOT saying any given corporate employee automatically IS
responsible, am just saying that if/as one is and to the extent that one
is, being an otherwise great/sweet/compassionate lady or gent doesn't
redeem or absolve them in any way.

   And in that movie "The Corporation," there's that final description
that pretty much spells out how corporations are a projection of the
host society - and society is a projection of the host population, ad infinitum...
...i dunno anymore.. it's late here.......

**Reinhard Heydrich (chief of Gestapo) used to
   have violin "jam-sessions" with his Abwehr
   counterpart Canaris (or, his wife?) during regular
   pleasant sunday barbeque parties.... Karadzic
   practiced alternative medicine on patients
   during his hiding... Hannibal Lecter was a patron
   of fine classical music, etc.etc...

[looking at the current state of things]

'Save me...
  save me from Tomorrow..
   I don't want to sail in this Ship Of Fools...!'