[kj] Sex Pistols singer faces race attack claims

Darren A. Peace dpeace at bigfoot.com
Tue Jul 22 05:04:33 EDT 2008

I quite like Bloc Party in an angular, I'm aware of the beat combo known as
Gang Of Four m'lud, but with mildly irritating vocals, sort of way. They
have gone down in my estimation as a result of this, however; smacks too
much of publicity-seeking to me. I really don't understand why it's
inappropriate for someone to have a "black" attitude to anything; it's
entirely possible to have a Christian, or Welsh, or male attitude, so why
not a black one? All of these are generalisations, but since when is making
generalisations verboten? Pleased they illustrated the article with such a
neutral picture of Mr Lydon, though.

Even the article makes clear that anything even whiffing mildly of racism
came from Lydon's "associates" rather than from him. Good on them for
punching Ricky Wilson, too.

Darren
Hungerford, UK