[kj] Ian Curtis Headstone

Alexander Smith vassifer at earthlink.net
Mon Jul 7 07:41:05 EDT 2008

Expecting "Change" to express compassion, empathy, remorse or
virtually anything other than cynicism is like waiting for The Great
Pumpkin to appear. Ain't gonna happen, Charlie Brown.

That all said, while the desecration of Ian Curtis' grave is revolting
and pathetic, one wonders why it's happened so many years after the
fact. I blame the film(s) for further enhancing the tragic mystique.
In this cynical age, when we continue to -- basically -- *celebrate*
the man's death, is it any wonder that his headstone has become a
collector's item?

Alex in NYC

On Jul 7, 2008, at 7:05 AM, Termite wrote:

> So the words "theft" and "insenitive" I guess mean fuck all to you

> then.......obviously the word "cynical" does. Guess you wouldnt

> give a shit if someone defaced any of your families graves or

> possessions etc.

> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Change" <crackedmachine at yahoo.co.uk

>>> funny?

>>> wrote: