[kj] remasters-BTATS

B. Oliver Sheppard bigblackhair at sbcglobal.net
Wed Jan 30 22:56:41 EST 2008

So it's pure coincidence that there is also a work of fiction from the
early 1970s about a rock band who are obsessed with the apocalypse and
who use "Brighter than a thousand suns" as a repetitive lyrical phrase
in their songs... I know the writer of the story (Norman Spinrad, not an
obscure author) must have also, presumably, gotten that phrase from the
"old Sanskrit writing," if that's all true, but it's awfully odd that it
would appear in a story about a gloomy rock band who it in their music,
only a few years before KJ formed.

Oh well, stranger things have happened.

-Oliver