[kj] ot austria had first punk ;) !!

sade1 saulomar1 at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 25 19:03:29 EST 2008

> The 1st punk rockers were the Mohican Native Americans from centuries

> ago & today. They were doin' heavy-on-the-toms tribal drumming...

I'd say they were more post-punk with their heavy toms and rhythms,
maybe even Malcolm MacLaren-influenced but feel free to correct me on that.
Before all that was the pre-Mohican Illapu' in the Southern Hemisphere.
That, or the Masai near Olduvai were the first origins of Punk. It doesn't get
any older or more "first to.." than that.

They also branched out to Europe and managed to still "keep it real."

"B. Oliver Sheppard" <bigblackhair at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
The 1st punk rockers were the Mohican Native Americans from centuries
ago & today. They were doin' heavy-on-the-toms tribal drumming that
coulda made Big Paul cream in his pants, they were literally fightin'
the system and livin' off the land, they had the sort of duds that a lot
of folks like the singer of Southern Death Cult, etc., would
appropriate, butt flaps with tribal drawings etc., so let's give it to them.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mahican

-Oliver

sade1 wrote:

> /Er war ein Punker /

> /und er lebte //vor Herr Wolfi, ja,/

> Before Wolfi there was Giacomo Casanova, esotericist, Tarot master,

> Freemason, and counter-culture violinist (/ca/. 1745-1750), and

> charlatan from the Republic Of Venice,

> the London and New York City of its time.

> He was also possibly the truest example of the post-punk philosophy

> of "live your life to

> the utmost, and the music shall already be written (or, will write

> itself)."

> /;~)/

> *//*

As the masters rot on walls