[kj] FW: FW: ot brendan a reply:)

melinda grant hollytree1961 at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 25 13:48:08 EST 2008

thats real good the soundgarden-youtube link you posted--that tracks is a cross between say

iron maiden come mettalica,a little bit of joy division with a springling of k.j ;) whats your verdict?
i really liked it.

no,you dont want to reach to high into the top-A-stratasphere of things vocally,it will only cost you a small fortune in glass-replacement ;D))) after shattering one to many ;P.

oh god,the school choir,what an ordeal that was,i was also picked to be in that also,and no i dont want to-was not an option;/,9 out of 10 times,i would have to do the solo parts as well,i could sing very well as a kid(something went wrong when i hit 14yrs and started singing along to pistols bollock :)/the singing teacher told me i would ruin my voice doing that--of course i payed no attenion,as singing-holidays in the sun-appealed to me one than say-carma burma ;) )!!!!

From: bq at soundgardener.co.nzTo: gathering at misera.netDate: Fri, 25 Jan 2008 13:29:09 +1300Subject: Re: [kj] FW: FW: ot brendan a reply/lennonka -advice 2 u;)

OMFG a BIT flat? Hahahaha, that’s me peaking…most of the time I’m barely audible…I don’t bother going into the high ranges because…well shit, you know if you’re a good singer or not.

Having said that, I sung in the choir at school, when I was a good little catholic (and I was too!), but ever since puberty and all that entails…shit ain’t happening. Still, the testosterone comes in handy for other things…like male pattern baldness ;)

From: gathering-bounces at misera.net [mailto:gathering-bounces at misera.net] On Behalf Of melinda grantSent: Friday, 25 January 2008 1:00 p.m.To: gathering at misera.netSubject: [kj] FW: FW: ot brendan a reply/lennonka -advice 2 u;)

can still hear you brendamn-your a bit flat lol lol lalalala

From: hollytree1961 at hotmail.comTo: gathering at misera.netSubject: RE: [kj] FW: ot brendan a reply/lennonka -advice 2 u;)Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2008 23:58:59 +0000 like in the shower maybe ;d))) lol lol hahahaha i can hear you from here lalalalalahahahahahahalololol!!!!

From: bq at soundgardener.co.nzTo: gathering at misera.netDate: Fri, 25 Jan 2008 12:53:30 +1300Subject: Re: [kj] FW: ot brendan a reply/lennonka -advice 2 u;)

Cheers Milinda, it’s a whole new world to me, I just sing along idly to stuff I like and can manage, which is the low register stuff, not like high c and all that malarkey. I LOVE listening to a good singer singing a good song in a high key though.

Check this out, if you like a bit of Soundgarden, this is a relatively early live performance:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hTr8BNLqrOM
Takes a while to kick in.

From: gathering-bounces at misera.net [mailto:gathering-bounces at misera.net] On Behalf Of melinda grantSent: Friday, 25 January 2008 8:25 a.m.To: gathering at misera.netSubject: [kj] FW: ot brendan a reply/lennonka -advice 2 u;)

brendan reply to your post ok, most of contents was ment to advise lennonka,on some singing technique,its help out others people i have known who have tried to improve there voice ;)

From: hollytree1961 at hotmail.comTo: gathering at misera.netSubject: RE: [kj] Stone me - demo no. 5Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2008 13:01:55 +0000well if you would like to get the article up we can all have a read;) just saying that you read something somewhere,doesnt really cut the mustard,proof please........ ,personally,i have never heard of this what you spoke of brendan--head voice..chest voice ;D))) lol lol ,the method i suggested was/is designed to stretched the voice range,when breathing in--a person will gain alot more longevity with a note/s if they push there lungs out filling lungs/diafram areawith alot of in-breath-air it will exspand the whole region/ it may hurt a bit at first,only because a person will not be used to using those muscles ior bresthing in-in that way-after a bit of pratice,it becomes second nature ;) when breathing out letting the lungs/diafram area collaps(not literally of course!) these are known as the breathing excercises.....after doing that a few times/thats followed by,major/minor scale vocal pratice-abcdefg..gfedcba- la la la--or doh ray me fa so la te doh!ect - then a person and there body is now ready to sing,with naturally stretched-exspanded vocal areas/lungs ect,they should be able to sing for half hour atleast,with out feeling tired ;) with out straining the vocal chords beyound repair,the method is there to push a persons ability to levels they thought they never had--the royal school of music taught me that method btw--if someone has a natural singing voice(not many people i can assure you that) then they will still be told to pratice the scales-warm up,but lucky them,due to there natural ability,will not have to pratice as much--as with anything in life,the more one pratices,the better they will get:P milinda pslesson over,now hand in your papers for me to mark ;D)))> Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2008 14:31:51 +1300> From: bq at soundgardener.co.nz> To: gathering at misera.net> Subject: Re: [kj] Stone me - demo no. 5> > Not contradicting you at all Melinda, but I read something somewhere about> 'head voice' and 'chest voice' (I think?), anyone know anything about> that...? I sing along to easy to sing along to tracks...like 'Fell on> Black Days' by Soundgarden, a fair bit of Killing Joke is too ambitious> for me to even bother. Goodbye to the Village is within my casual sing> along range :)> > I do a pretty good 'squiggley-boo' type verbal guitar solo tho ;p> > >> > JUST LISTENED TO THIS TRACK---> >> > LENNONKA can hardly hear you,it seems that all the instruments are> > drownding you out,vocals need to be forward(turned up) ALOT MORE, for you> > to sound at all effective ok,sing out,pratice your> > scales-abcdefg/la/al/la/la/la/la/la up and down the scale of major and> > minor scales--warn-up,> >> > have confidence and believe in your self,sing from your diaphram,thats> > where the strengh comes from--NOT FROM YOUR THROAT BTW,i will make a> > singer of you yet ;0> >> > melinda> >> >> > Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2008 16:24:20 +0100From: lennonka at gmail.comTo:> > gathering at misera.netSubject: [kj] Stone me - demo no. 5For a listen:> > http://www.myspace.com/llenniamusicPlease, be tender : )It's my second> > recording and my first mix ever.-- With love & peace Lennonka_________> > _________ _________ "Too much laugh kills..."> > _________________________________________________________________> > Free games, great prizes - get gaming at Gamesbox.> > http://www.searchgamesbox.com_______________________________________________> > Gathering mailing list> > Gathering at misera.net> > http://four.pairlist.net/mailman/listinfo/gathering> >> > > _______________________________________________> Gathering mailing list> Gathering at misera.net> http://four.pairlist.net/mailman/listinfo/gathering

Sounds like? How many syllables? Guess and win prizes with Search Charades!

Think you know your TV, music and film? Try Search Charades!

She said what? About who? Shameful celebrity quotes on Search Star!

She said what? About who? Shameful celebrity quotes on Search Star!