[kj] The scond half of Geordie's demos!!

Michael Garcia sandstorm_mg at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 24 12:04:06 EST 2008

I personally don't have a problem so much with lyrical
content as long as the melody and feel are right for
the song. I'm trying to come up with Lyrics for Track
#1 today (I'm playing hooky from work to work on this)

As far as singing from your diaphragm here's what I've
learned over the years. You can practice projecting
and singing from from the deeper part of your gut by
realizing you do need to exhale lots of breath/air to
sing loud. Put your hand in front of your mouth 3-4
inches and try singing loudly. You will probably feel
your breath on your hand. Keep doing this and
experimenting until you dont feel any air. This helps
force the air from the diaphragm. It's not an
overnight ething to learn but it's good practice and
has helped me over the years.

Also, if you have a cheap mic some good general micing
techniques are instead of singing "t"'s in words -
tree to together, etc, try and pronounce them as "d"s
this will help with popping and sibilance. Make your
"p"'s sound like "b"'s. People will tend not to
notice that you are doing this because their brain
hears the word you are saying/singing and kind of
tricks them into hearing it the way the word is
normally pronounced. Does that make sense?

Another thing it if you are overpowering the mic be
being to close back up a few inched and sing into the
mic at an angle like 45 degrees instead if straight
on. This will help reduce sibilance as well.

Cheers
Michael
www.myspace.com/pleasureandpainmusic