[kj] is: Stranglers was: You Tube!

Geoffrey ODonoghue go1845 at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 22 21:41:31 EST 2008

Hmmmm - Even if Cornwell were to reunite with the band there is no indication that this would mean they would perform material only from albums 1-3 and possibly write new material in a similar vein. In fact everything in the lead up to Cornwell's departure and his subsequent solo career would suggest completely the opposite. I don't believe that Cornwell returning is some silver bullet that will automatically transform the band back into their 1977/78 selves (perceived by some to be their pinnacle).
When listening to Norfolk Coast and Suite XVI I hear a band that is much more in touch with their late 70s legacy than they ever were in the mid-80s through to 1990.
All my opinion of course.

Geoff

folk devil <folkdevil_23 at hotmail.com> wrote:
.hmmessage P { margin:0px; padding:0px } body.hmmessage { FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY:Tahoma } Yes, robots that play the first 3 albums only, and they're allowed to be selective with Black and White ;)