[kj] No KJ/October File tour (what next for KJ?)

melinda grant hollytree1961 at hotmail.com
Sun Jan 20 11:34:06 EST 2008

i cannot knock anything you have posted in this thread antoni ;),as you are 100 percent correct on all your points,and i agree with you about tracks were not really aired properly-dont know about.........

"hosanna-mighty stomp",as you said,/more like" a bit of a mighty turky" lol-its not my fav ;/,i am not a real big fan of the material--most of iton hosanna-

its ok,its not great,thats the differance,but to have a -warm up in late 08, and a mini tour tour in 09 with all original members,doing those tracks,(plus other tracks as well-of course)would proberly do it for me in a posative way,it would endear me a bit better to the tracks,as these days,i only really like 3 tracks of hosanna,and i carnt be bothered to list them ;P ;D

milinda ps well put post antoni ;)

From: antoni at clara.netTo: gathering at misera.netDate: Sun, 20 Jan 2008 16:19:48 +0000Subject: Re: [kj] No KJ/October File tour (what next for KJ?)

I was thinking about this the other night ... with Raven's death, where does that leave KJ as a touring band ? Raven really was the life and soul of the live KJ experience. Is now bassist Kneill Brown a permanent member of the band ? Either way, what are Benny and Reza doing whilst KJ goes into a regular inactive period ? They have other projects so will the current line up ever record or tour again ? Will those Geordie demos come out as a solo venture or will some of the riffs end up on the next KJ album ?

So it's 2008, if I was a betting man, I'd say that unless there was a burning desire to record new stuff (which itself would seem quite unnecessary considering most of those mighty stomps off Hosannas were never given a proper airing), the sensible money would be on a tour in 2009. Why 2009 ? It's the 30th anniversary of course ... and what better selling point for such a tour than "KILLING JOKE - ORIGINAL LINE UP" ... after 30 years if it's not the original lineup it borders on a glorified tribute band anyway ... of course Transmission brought Youth and Raven back together and Raven's funeral re-united the surviving originals ... any possibility ? It's what I am hoping for ... what better way there be to pay tribute to Raven than have the original line-up do one last big global tour, then maybe call it a day ... Jaz maybe wants KJ to go on forever ... well it does via the recordings ... I'd rather one big highly motivated effort from the original line up, than a faintly half-hearted follow up effort to Hosannas ...