[kj] sex pistols to begin new recording ;)/p.i.l

B. Oliver Sheppard bigblackhair at sbcglobal.net
Sun Jan 20 10:18:53 EST 2008

The Sex Pstols making new material to me just seems like a bad idea,
because they were so of the '77 zietgeist - "we are the flowers in the
dustbin," and there was "no future," etc. Now, 32 years later after
there was no future, what will they sing about. "Oh, you know what? Over
3 decades later, there's actually still no future, even though we said
that before. And we still hate the New York Dolls and EMI and wills ing
about Cold War stuff like the Berlin Wall."

Will they try to be seriously political, like updating the Berlin Wall
stuff to instead sing about the wall between Israel and Palestine? That
would be surreal as fuck. Or will it be cartoon chaos, comic book
nonsense? Either way it seems like something that could just so easily,
easily be awful.

-Oliver