[kj] OT: Ugh: Sex Pistols to begin recording new songs, possibly new LP.... :(

jon chapman jonniespatula at hotmail.co.uk
Sat Jan 19 19:45:27 EST 2008

i'm straight but i'd bum geordie!!!!
myspace.com/jokerjonchapman

Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2008 00:28:39 +0000From: ade at the-lab.zetnet.co.ukTo: gathering at misera.netSubject: Re: [kj] OT: Ugh: Sex Pistols to begin recording new songs, possibly new LP.... :(

And you'd give him a reach-around!

-----Original Message-----From: gathering-bounces at misera.net [mailto:gathering-bounces at misera.net]On Behalf Of jon chapmanSent: 19 January 2008 23:46To: A list about all things Killing Joke (the band!)Subject: Re: [kj] OT: Ugh: Sex Pistols to begin recording new songs,possibly new LP.... :(if i was a bender.queer.shirtlifter.faggot.a norton.a gay.pansy.wuffter.whatever THEY are called thesedays.......... i'd do geordie up the ring peice,as long as he's wearing my pants....................................
myspace.com/jokerjonchapman

Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2008 23:11:58 +0000From: ade at the-lab.zetnet.co.ukTo: gathering at misera.netSubject: Re: [kj] OT: Ugh: Sex Pistols to begin recording new songs, possibly new LP.... :(

Isn't that the same? ;)

-----Original Message-----From: gathering-bounces at misera.net [mailto:gathering-bounces at misera.net]On Behalf Of jon chapmanSent: 19 January 2008 23:07To: A list about all things Killing Joke (the band!)Subject: Re: [kj] OT: Ugh: Sex Pistols to begin recording new songs,possibly new LP.... :(he's a fucking gooner - i'd preferably stab the cunt!!
myspace.com/jokerjonchapman

Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2008 22:24:46 +0000From: ade at the-lab.zetnet.co.ukTo: gathering at misera.netSubject: Re: [kj] OT: Ugh: Sex Pistols to begin recording new songs, possibly new LP.... :(

He's got a fair amount of money in a bricks & mortar hasn't he? I think he's just trying to convince
everyone he's still 'Jonny from the block'. BUT... I don't think the money has changed him THAT much.
He's got an ego, but that's from having been idolised I expect & seems to fight it, self-consciously. I think
Wobble & Levene's heads are bigger!

Regards PiL, I think he's in a similar position to other monsters such as Kraftwerk & KJ, in that how the
fuck does he follow something like Metal Box? Especially as PiL have been so influential. Keep changing
I guess, which explains PiL after Metal Box.

I bet you'd bum him, if you had half a chance. Like a rat up a drainpipe...

-----Original Message-----From: gathering-bounces at misera.net [mailto:gathering-bounces at misera.net]On Behalf Of jon chapmanSent: 19 January 2008 21:03To: A list about all things Killing Joke (the band!)Subject: Re: [kj] OT: Ugh: Sex Pistols to begin recording new songs,possibly new LP.... :(the older lydon gets,the more i dislike him. i dont care what anyone thinks lydon always makes out he's been shafted out of a few quid,but at the end of the day he's still not shy of a few green queens. apart from a couple of tracks with mcgeoch mid eighties john lydon has done fuck all worthwhile since metalbox. to quote a band - ' john lydon once said he cared,now he don't even give a fuck' - circa rp 83.
myspace.com/jokerjonchapman > Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2008 19:42:44 +0000> From: ade at the-lab.zetnet.co.uk> To: gathering at misera.net> Subject: Re: [kj] OT: Ugh: Sex Pistols to begin recording new songs, possibly new LP.... :(> > This is just the way it is, I guess - the people that make the 'new'> more palatable will be remembered, NOT Throbbing Gristle, or Crass.> As an aside, I was pleased to hear Napalm Death got their first outing> on Crass's 'Bullshit Detector #3' tape. Hoorah!> > Talking of watering things down, been reading about the Clash today.> Could only manage a bit - it's good bedtime reading, yawn - it's *my*> turn to be tiresomely punk by saying: they were a fucking pub band.> Always entertains me that Levene was literally embarrassed by them!> Enough to leave, anyway. I guess I'll always be a Pistols/Damned man> regarding punk & PiL/Cure/Bauhaus/Banshees/Killing Joke for post-punk,> that being of far more interest to me.> > PS. I was being sarky - anyone who calls themselves a consultant (cuntsultant)> is likely to be a little fucking pretentious, no?!! "Maybe you should wear> drainpipe trousers & a thin tie?". Revenge of the credible record company> stylists...> > -----Original Message-----> From: gathering-bounces at misera.net> [mailto:gathering-bounces at misera.net]On Behalf Of B. Oliver Sheppard> Sent: 19 January 2008 19:21> To: A list about all things Killing Joke (the band!)> Subject: Re: [kj] OT: Ugh: Sex Pistols to begin recording new songs,> possibly new LP.... :(> > > Well, I would, but that sounds like the sort of thing like "poet" or > "musician" that doesn't quite fit the "have to pay rent & bills" litmus > test. But, yes, I think all bands should run their ideas first through > me, personally. :)> > Also, about branding, I am sorta sketchy on Factory, and I know GM and > Ford logos were on advertisements and the like for decades and decades. > Obviously the first Crass EP (technically an EP but the size was > LP-length; they did it to hold costs down and pioneered the "Pay No More > Than.." thing you USED to see on punk LPs) was on Small Wonder, not > Crass Records, though they had had Exitstencil Press -- which did the > military stencil grafitti tagging, for a number of years before '78, > maybe as early as '75, when future members of Crass were in the > avant-band Exit, which sorta kinda became Crass after they heard the > first rumblings of punk.> > I suppose I am a bit miffed, like Penny Rimbaud, that Crass really did > contribute a lot that they're almost routinely overlooked for. The > "commune" they worked out of, Dial House, had been a center of musical > activity and various avant bands since '69 or so. By the time Penny > Rimbaud formed Crass out of the ashes of Exit in 1977, he was already, > like, 35, and had been doing agit prop in one form or another already, > much like the COUM transmissions people. But Penny's militaristic snare > drumming, the "Reality Asylum" dark ambient music and forays into what > would now be called ambient/experimental, or even outright industrial > "Smash the Mac," plus the military surplus/all black stuff, that was > pioneering. NME would slam Crass constantly even as they quietly adopted > that spartan Crass font look for their own papers or punk section of > coverage. "We hate Crass, but we're gonna copy their aesthetics anyway, > and never credit them."> > -Oliver> > > ade wrote:> > You should become an artistic consultant.> >> >> >> > > > _______________________________________________> Gathering mailing list> Gathering at misera.net> http://four.pairlist.net/mailman/listinfo/gathering> > > _______________________________________________> Gathering mailing list> Gathering at misera.net> http://four.pairlist.net/mailman/listinfo/gathering

Think you know your TV, music and film? Try Search Charades!

Sounds like? How many syllables? Guess and win prizes with Search Charades!

Messenger on the move. Text MSN to 63463 now!