[kj] OT: Ugh: Sex Pistols to begin recording new songs, possibly new LP.... :(

jon chapman jonniespatula at hotmail.co.uk
Sat Jan 19 18:07:43 EST 2008

he's a fucking gooner - i'd preferably stab the cunt!!
myspace.com/jokerjonchapman

Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2008 22:24:46 +0000From: ade at the-lab.zetnet.co.ukTo: gathering at misera.netSubject: Re: [kj] OT: Ugh: Sex Pistols to begin recording new songs, possibly new LP.... :(

He's got a fair amount of money in a bricks & mortar hasn't he? I think he's just trying to convince
everyone he's still 'Jonny from the block'. BUT... I don't think the money has changed him THAT much.
He's got an ego, but that's from having been idolised I expect & seems to fight it, self-consciously. I think
Wobble & Levene's heads are bigger!

Regards PiL, I think he's in a similar position to other monsters such as Kraftwerk & KJ, in that how the
fuck does he follow something like Metal Box? Especially as PiL have been so influential. Keep changing
I guess, which explains PiL after Metal Box.

I bet you'd bum him, if you had half a chance. Like a rat up a drainpipe...

-----Original Message-----From: gathering-bounces at misera.net [mailto:gathering-bounces at misera.net]On Behalf Of jon chapmanSent: 19 January 2008 21:03To: A list about all things Killing Joke (the band!)Subject: Re: [kj] OT: Ugh: Sex Pistols to begin recording new songs,possibly new LP.... :(the older lydon gets,the more i dislike him. i dont care what anyone thinks lydon always makes out he's been shafted out of a few quid,but at the end of the day he's still not shy of a few green queens. apart from a couple of tracks with mcgeoch mid eighties john lydon has done fuck all worthwhile since metalbox. to quote a band - ' john lydon once said he cared,now he don't even give a fuck' - circa rp 83.
myspace.com/jokerjonchapman > Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2008 19:42:44 +0000> From: ade at the-lab.zetnet.co.uk> To: gathering at misera.net> Subject: Re: [kj] OT: Ugh: Sex Pistols to begin recording new songs, possibly new LP.... :(> > This is just the way it is, I guess - the people that make the 'new'> more palatable will be remembered, NOT Throbbing Gristle, or Crass.> As an aside, I was pleased to hear Napalm Death got their first outing> on Crass's 'Bullshit Detector #3' tape. Hoorah!> > Talking of watering things down, been reading about the Clash today.> Could only manage a bit - it's good bedtime reading, yawn - it's *my*> turn to be tiresomely punk by saying: they were a fucking pub band.> Always entertains me that Levene was literally embarrassed by them!> Enough to leave, anyway. I guess I'll always be a Pistols/Damned man> regarding punk & PiL/Cure/Bauhaus/Banshees/Killing Joke for post-punk,> that being of far more interest to me.> > PS. I was being sarky - anyone who calls themselves a consultant (cuntsultant)> is likely to be a little fucking pretentious, no?!! "Maybe you should wear> drainpipe trousers & a thin tie?". Revenge of the credible record company> stylists...> > -----Original Message-----> From: gathering-bounces at misera.net> [mailto:gathering-bounces at misera.net]On Behalf Of B. Oliver Sheppard> Sent: 19 January 2008 19:21> To: A list about all things Killing Joke (the band!)> Subject: Re: [kj] OT: Ugh: Sex Pistols to begin recording new songs,> possibly new LP.... :(> > > Well, I would, but that sounds like the sort of thing like "poet" or > "musician" that doesn't quite fit the "have to pay rent & bills" litmus > test. But, yes, I think all bands should run their ideas first through > me, personally. :)> > Also, about branding, I am sorta sketchy on Factory, and I know GM and > Ford logos were on advertisements and the like for decades and decades. > Obviously the first Crass EP (technically an EP but the size was > LP-length; they did it to hold costs down and pioneered the "Pay No More > Than.." thing you USED to see on punk LPs) was on Small Wonder, not > Crass Records, though they had had Exitstencil Press -- which did the > military stencil grafitti tagging, for a number of years before '78, > maybe as early as '75, when future members of Crass were in the > avant-band Exit, which sorta kinda became Crass after they heard the > first rumblings of punk.> > I suppose I am a bit miffed, like Penny Rimbaud, that Crass really did > contribute a lot that they're almost routinely overlooked for. The > "commune" they worked out of, Dial House, had been a center of musical > activity and various avant bands since '69 or so. By the time Penny > Rimbaud formed Crass out of the ashes of Exit in 1977, he was already, > like, 35, and had been doing agit prop in one form or another already, > much like the COUM transmissions people. But Penny's militaristic snare > drumming, the "Reality Asylum" dark ambient music and forays into what > would now be called ambient/experimental, or even outright industrial > "Smash the Mac," plus the military surplus/all black stuff, that was > pioneering. NME would slam Crass constantly even as they quietly adopted > that spartan Crass font look for their own papers or punk section of > coverage. "We hate Crass, but we're gonna copy their aesthetics anyway, > and never credit them."> > -Oliver> > > ade wrote:> > You should become an artistic consultant.> >> >> >> > > > _______________________________________________> Gathering mailing list> Gathering at misera.net> http://four.pairlist.net/mailman/listinfo/gathering> > > _______________________________________________> Gathering mailing list> Gathering at misera.net> http://four.pairlist.net/mailman/listinfo/gathering

Think you know your TV, music and film? Try Search Charades!