[kj] latest random (music) anecdotes

LONESTYLE at aol.com LONESTYLE at aol.com
Fri Jan 18 23:07:20 EST 2008

DEVO RULE Greg!

That is all. :)

~ LB

In a message dated 1/18/2008 7:36:23 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
gregslawson at msn.com writes:

Was shopping for cds today, and checked out the Joke section--one copy of KJ
2003 had a hilarious sticker on it--something to the effect of "Beware of
crude language and potentially offensive content"--I guess the distributor is
afraid of people hearing about what's really going on in the world.
I know people will sneer and snicker, but I did buy a USED copy of "Devo
2.0". It's actually quite enjoyable, and my 9 month old loved dancing to it
w/me. The only disappointment was that a few Devo lyrics were changed to be more
kid-friendly (like some lines in "Uncontrollable Urge" about wanting a
snack!). There was also a video w/animation and interviews w/Mark M. and Bob Casale
trying to explain de-evolution to pre-teens (and after being a fan for 28
years, I finally learned how to pronounce their last names). I think the
project was all in fun, and why not expose kids (or infants, in my case) to good
music! There's also 2 new Devo tunes, one lame and one not bad. ANd Alex, I
know you'll always stick up for DEVO!
Greg
P.S. What is this band w/Mick Jones in it people are talking about? I'm lost
(although we did get exposure to Topper's "Queen" band in the US, and yes,
they seem to suck...