[kj] we can get k.j to play ect.........(nothing to go with topic header bwt!!

melinda grant hollytree1961 at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 15 18:39:13 EST 2008

only 4 browie points for liking--soundgarden-is that all ;(

only joking,look if you have terrible difficulty getting hold of

the symphonic led zeppelin brendan,then i will gift it to you,meaning i will do you a copy,i know its usually hard to come by,as ive told you b.4 i got hold of the majority of jaz/youth collaborations with any classical exsperiments,in aukland when i was over there,try----sounds/and that other c.d outlet --its in an small mall on queens street,thats where i got mine...like i said,have a try plus on-line,no joy,i will help you out ok ;)

ok i could say that,but i would not want to deprive anyone of there royalties,by you opting to get freebe from me,and not buying items ;D) if worse comes to worse,let me know,you can swop it for something from soudgarden ok ;P

milinda ps your not getting my original press of jaz/youth synphonic,i will give you copy--thats just as good-almost,minus booklet,i could always photocopy it!!!!!!!> Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2008 12:51:54 +1300> From: bq at soundgardener.co.nz> To: gathering at misera.net> Subject: Re: [kj] we can get k.j to play ect.........(nothing to go with topic header bwt!!> > What argument?! We're in agreement on all that, and you get 1111 brownies> for coming around to Soundgarden (who yes, sound vaguely like Zep in a few> songs...). Well done! Songs like Limo Wreck, Mailman, Half, Head Down (all> off Superunknown) have a lot in common with Killing Joke, if only for the> doomy vibe and eastern sounding instrumentation, weird time signatures,> uniqueness etc etc. Oh the guitarist, Kim Thayil, one of my my favourite> guitarists (as if you couldn't guess) is half Indian half Anglo, so has> something in common with Jaz, and Freddie Mercury even in fact...(yeah I> know they aren't all the same blood but being 'half-caste' or whatever you> want to call it is what I mean)...> > I need to get my mitts on a copy of that Symphonic album, I'll amazon or> ebay it when I've earned myself some more Chinese Gooseberries (currency> of NZ as you know ;)> > >> > brandan-ID ALSO SAY THAT--PRESENCE--LEANS HEAVELY TOWARDS THE BLUES AS> > WELL IN PARTS--THAT HAS F....ALL TO DO WITH PROG SYMPHONIC. btw ;> >> > well you did not really make your self clear brendanof course i love the> > -syphonic led zep-by jaz/youth --thats why i brought it,because i love it> > ,not because it has there names--jaz/youth/ledzep- all over it ;)> >> > stop trying to trip me up,you fell flat on your ass this time> > brendan;D)))) LOL HA HA!!> >> > milinda ps i will say this,usually symphonic rock offerings by other> > artists usually sound bloody awful,but hat of to jaz/youth,theres no> > cheese in sight,they pulled it of successfully-bringing forth just quality> > ;> >> > of course it helps to be into a bit of classical stuff in the first> > place,(which ive had a bit of an on-off affair with since childhood-no> > choice,as it was part of my schooling curriculum-thats spelt wrong im> > sure)to really take that jump and appreciate--jaz/youth symphonic> > adventures/ work--and also to sort out the men from the chickens,where> > quality is concerned,theres alot of turkeys out there to be sure ;PS BET> > YOUR GOING TO ACCUSE ME OF BEEING A BITCH NOW,COS YOU LOST ARGUEMENT you> > usually do when someone-me-catches you out> >> >> > From: bq at soundgardener.co.nzTo: gathering at misera.netDate: Tue, 15 Jan 2008> > 07:56:42 +1300Subject: Re: [kj] Anyway we can get KJ to play Austin's> > South bySouthwest Music Fest this March!?> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> > Well I spoze symphonic prog would really only apply to Symphonic Led Zep> > that Jaz did…I’d think you’d get away with calling Zep’s later albums such> > as Presence prog rock…> >> > Wow I’m listening to the 2nd track from Geordie’s site…firkin brilliant,> > making me late for work J> >> >> >> >> >> > From: gathering-bounces at misera.net [mailto:gathering-bounces at misera.net]> > On Behalf Of melinda grantSent: Tuesday, 15 January 2008 1:13 a.m.To: A> > list about all things Killing Joke (the band!)Subject: Re: [kj] Anyway we> > can get KJ to play Austin's South bySouthwest Music Fest this March!?> >> > " rock fuckup!" hay,i really like that saying ;Dbtw,just getting into> > --sound garden-yeah i know i am a little late with this one,but i did not> > really realise how good they are,or there music. symphonic prog rock? is> > that what you call it?-- no,not me ;D you must mean someone else bremdan> > ;) anyway,i am not locking for approval of the way i link led zep to k.j> > what ever anyone else says about it,i will still think along those> > line,sorry ;P milinda ps we are all individuals afterall,so are views will> > differ,some times greatly other times,just slightly,and occasionally,we> > will hit jackpot with one anothers thought processs,by thinking> > identically,but not to often hay,wheres the challenge in that ;)> >> >> >> > From: bq at soundgardener.co.nzTo: gathering at misera.netDate: Mon, 14 Jan 2008> > 14:07:07 +1300Subject: Re: [kj] Anyway we can get KJ to play Austin's> > South by Southwest Music Fest this March!?> >> > Yeah Olly, ROCK THE FUCK UP! When you’re playing Led Zep records, you can> > always make the excuse that there’s a Killing Joke link that you need to> > explore…I promise I won’t tell anyone on Cult Punk that you’re listening> > to SYMPHONIC PROG ROCK COVERS (well at least for a couple of days that is)> >> > So anyone willing to venture a comment as to who if anyone took the torch> > from Led Zep after they broke up?> >> >> >> >> >> > From: gathering-bounces at misera.net [mailto:gathering-bounces at misera.net]> > On Behalf Of melinda grantSent: Monday, 14 January 2008 10:58 a.m.To: A> > list about all things Killing Joke (the band!)Subject: Re: [kj] Anyway we> > can get KJ to play Austin's South by Southwest Music Fest this March!?> >> > yeah,i knew you would feel this way about the idear, but again i> > stress--k.j riding on coattails of ledzep,would get them more respect fpr> > doing that,than (as they did) with motly crud--!! as a man of your> > knowledge and exsperience oliver,of both music and with a purpose i am> > alarmed by your pairtinf thus those 2(mot..crud/zep ;( how very dare> > bleeeep.................................---as with the 3 bands in question> > k.j/ledzep/ and crud lol,i will put 3 different catorgorysmusic with> > feeling/music with a purpose and music with no purpose at all really apart> > from arse and titilation----k.j and zep,fall into first two catorgorys ;D/> > motly crud fall only into the last catorgory,there just a bunch of itis> > really,apppealing to people who are interested in nothing but tits ;D))))> > !!!!can you see now what i am getting at ok zep have about 5 tracks in> > there vast back catologue of tunes,that will appealing to men being> > men,you get my meaning?good--every track of the muts cruds(motly crew)is> > there to appeal to men being men and some more ;/if you cannot see the> > similaritys between k.j and zep,then you either dont know enough about> > k.j or enough about zep,i suspect it is the latter,,try reading up on the> > zep a bit,inside the zep--to find out what they were about. i have footage> > of when the damned appearing on marc boland show on vid,i know what you> > mean,those 2 groups were not similiar,either in dress or thought,but> > mysterially,as time moved on,i can kinda link a bit of a sililarity in> > style music wise,if only on a handful of tunes,between marc.b/t.rex and> > the later damned of say--mid 80s onwards.ppshere you go,judging> > anaudieance b.4 you have given them a chance to prove you wrong or> > right--i still think you are wrong on this one,and as long as you keep> > thinking,ledzep are motly crud mutt part 2,you will never change your mind> > about k.j and zep gig----move away from the image of zep/mutt crud forget> > it,there from 2 different mind sets completley..now visualise,k.j and> > ledzep.but go really learn about zep b.4 you do that ok ;) xx > Date: Sat,> > 12 Jan 2008 02:31:34 -0600> From: bigblackhair at sbcglobal.net> To:> > gathering at misera.net> Subject: Re: [kj] Anyway we can get KJ to play> > Austin's South by Southwest Music Fest this March!?> > Yeah, KJ supporting> > Led Zeppelin just sounds like a nightmare for about > 3 or 4 different> > reasons I can think of off the top of my head. KJ will > come off as the> > odd sideshow during which all the folks will be milling > around and> > ignoring, or trying to show up after. KJ shouldn't try to > ride the> > coattails of folks like Led Zeppelin or Motley Crue -- they're > too good> > for that, and it's an odd, incongruent fit. Imagining Jaz inw > arpaint> > blasting through "The Wait" while people want to hear 'Stairway" > -- I> > don't know; it strikes me as really odd.> > Early on The Damned did a> > small support tour for Marc Bolan, circa 1978. > That always struck me as> > really odd. Not sure how that actually fared, > though.> > -B.> > > >> > Alexander Smith wrote:> >> > "if they take the opportunity to be the> > support band for led zep"> >> >> > I don't know, Melinda --- I think> > they'd be eaten alive. I hate to > > suggest it, but your *AVERAGE* Led> > Zep fan isn't notorious for being > > especially open-minded.> >> >> >> > Alex in NYC> > _______________________________________________> Gathering> > mailing list> Gathering at misera.net>> > http://four.pairlist.net/mailman/listinfo/gathering> >> >> >> > Think you know your TV, music and film? Try Search Charades!> >> >> >> >> > Everything in one place… All new Windows Live!> > _________________________________________________________________> > Telly addicts unite!> > http://www.searchgamesbox.com/tvtown.shtml_______________________________________________> > Gathering mailing list> > Gathering at misera.net> > http://four.pairlist.net/mailman/listinfo/gathering> >> > > _______________________________________________> Gathering mailing list> Gathering at misera.net> http://four.pairlist.net/mailman/listinfo/gathering