[kj] Anyway we can get KJ to play Austin's South by Southwest Music Fest this March!?

melinda grant hollytree1961 at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 14 07:13:18 EST 2008

" rock fuckup!" hay,i really like that saying ;D
btw,just getting into --sound garden-yeah i know i am a little late with this one,but i did not really realise how good they are,or there music.

symphonic prog rock? is that what you call it?-- no,not me ;D you must mean someone else bremdan ;)

anyway,i am not locking for approval of the way i link led zep to k.j what ever anyone else says about it,i will still think along those line,sorry ;P

milinda ps we are all individuals afterall,so are views will differ,some times greatly other times,just slightly,and occasionally,we will hit jackpot with one anothers thought processs,by thinking identically,but not to often hay,wheres the challenge in that ;)

From: bq at soundgardener.co.nzTo: gathering at misera.netDate: Mon, 14 Jan 2008 14:07:07 +1300Subject: Re: [kj] Anyway we can get KJ to play Austin's South by Southwest Music Fest this March!?

Yeah Olly, ROCK THE FUCK UP! When you’re playing Led Zep records, you can always make the excuse that there’s a Killing Joke link that you need to explore…I promise I won’t tell anyone on Cult Punk that you’re listening to SYMPHONIC PROG ROCK COVERS (well at least for a couple of days that is)

So anyone willing to venture a comment as to who if anyone took the torch from Led Zep after they broke up?

From: gathering-bounces at misera.net [mailto:gathering-bounces at misera.net] On Behalf Of melinda grantSent: Monday, 14 January 2008 10:58 a.m.To: A list about all things Killing Joke (the band!)Subject: Re: [kj] Anyway we can get KJ to play Austin's South by Southwest Music Fest this March!?

yeah,i knew you would feel this way about the idear, but again i stress--k.j riding on coattails of ledzep,would get them more respect fpr doing that,than (as they did) with motly crud--!! as a man of your knowledge and exsperience oliver,of both music and with a purpose i am alarmed by your pairtinf thus those 2(mot..crud/zep ;( how very dare bleeeep.................................---as with the 3 bands in question k.j/ledzep/ and crud lol,i will put 3 different catorgorysmusic with feeling/music with a purpose and music with no purpose at all really apart from arse and titilation----k.j and zep,fall into first two catorgorys ;D/ motly crud fall only into the last catorgory,there just a bunch of itis really,apppealing to people who are interested in nothing but tits ;D)))) !!!!can you see now what i am getting at ok zep have about 5 tracks in there vast back catologue of tunes,that will appealing to men being men,you get my meaning?good--every track of the muts cruds(motly crew)is there to appeal to men being men and some more ;/if you cannot see the similaritys between k.j and zep,then you either dont know enough about k.j or enough about zep,i suspect it is the latter,,try reading up on the zep a bit,inside the zep--to find out what they were about. i have footage of when the damned appearing on marc boland show on vid,i know what you mean,those 2 groups were not similiar,either in dress or thought,but mysterially,as time moved on,i can kinda link a bit of a sililarity in style music wise,if only on a handful of tunes,between marc.b/t.rex and the later damned of say--mid 80s onwards.ppshere you go,judging anaudieance b.4 you have given them a chance to prove you wrong or right--i still think you are wrong on this one,and as long as you keep thinking,ledzep are motly crud mutt part 2,you will never change your mind about k.j and zep gig----move away from the image of zep/mutt crud forget it,there from 2 different mind sets completley..now visualise,k.j and ledzep.but go really learn about zep b.4 you do that ok ;) xx > Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2008 02:31:34 -0600> From: bigblackhair at sbcglobal.net> To: gathering at misera.net> Subject: Re: [kj] Anyway we can get KJ to play Austin's South by Southwest Music Fest this March!?> > Yeah, KJ supporting Led Zeppelin just sounds like a nightmare for about > 3 or 4 different reasons I can think of off the top of my head. KJ will > come off as the odd sideshow during which all the folks will be milling > around and ignoring, or trying to show up after. KJ shouldn't try to > ride the coattails of folks like Led Zeppelin or Motley Crue -- they're > too good for that, and it's an odd, incongruent fit. Imagining Jaz inw > arpaint blasting through "The Wait" while people want to hear 'Stairway" > -- I don't know; it strikes me as really odd.> > Early on The Damned did a small support tour for Marc Bolan, circa 1978. > That always struck me as really odd. Not sure how that actually fared, > though.> > -B.> > > > Alexander Smith wrote:> >> > "if they take the opportunity to be the support band for led zep"> >> >> > I don't know, Melinda --- I think they'd be eaten alive. I hate to > > suggest it, but your *AVERAGE* Led Zep fan isn't notorious for being > > especially open-minded.> >> >> > Alex in NYC> > _______________________________________________> Gathering mailing list> Gathering at misera.net> http://four.pairlist.net/mailman/listinfo/gathering

Think you know your TV, music and film? Try Search Charades!