[kj] Anyway we can get KJ to play Austin's South by Southwest Music Fest ...

GREG SLAWSON gregslawson at msn.com
Sat Jan 12 23:34:57 EST 2008

First, it's cool to hear some other Minutemen/Husker Du/Flag fans out there. I've seen each band many times (esp. Minutemen/Firehose/Mike Watt--never counted but probably 15 times over the years). Second, it's even cooler (as an East Coast dude) to hear people who actually saw shows at legendary clubs like Whiskey and Santa Monica Civic--clubs I hear about on Flag albums, etc., but never seemed "real" to me...P.S. I own "We Jam Econo" too.

From: LONESTYLE at aol.comDate: Sat, 12 Jan 2008 17:52:36 -0500To: gathering at misera.netSubject: Re: [kj] Anyway we can get KJ to play Austin's South by Southwest Music Fest ...

Yep they sure did. Check this out Oliver 1978...

Also with Van Halen too!

http://www.black-sabbath.com/tourdates/1978.html

That is weird of Flag but understandable.

I did not know he was selling stuff up on E BAY, Jeff has some good albums up there. I would not pay a cent for that Big Chief album! When Necros turned all metal and did open for Motorhead I believe at one time here in L.A. back in 1985 at The Santa Monica Civic? Barry the singer started this band of rock crap you would not believe! If you have not heard it after Necros broke up I advise you to pass! I saw The Necros with Virginia's White Cross at The Cathay De Grande back in 1984 and they both tore it up with great American HC! Me and my buddy tried to talk to Andy has 16 and 15 year old kids at the gig and he had a chip on his shoulder plus was a complete fat asshole! Thanks for the Jeff Turner info.

Cheers,

~ LB