[kj] [RE] OT: The "shreds" video series (humor)

Brendan Quinn bq at soundgardener.co.nz
Thu Jan 10 04:41:00 EST 2008

Hrm, might be worth a look, it's just that for a change we've got a better
selection of bands coming down here now so there's some choice. More a money
thing cos we generally pay more than you lot, the bands have to travel a lot
further down here just for a handful of concerts. Most acts his size cost
about $NZ100, which is currently about $US77 or 40 quid (bear in mind we
earn less too).

In the next few months I've got a festival with Rage Against the Machine,
Shihad (Jaz's favourite band ;) Missing Teeth that Bongo and I saw a while
back, Arcade Fire, couple dozen others I'm not too interested in including
Bjork...then Foo Fighters (holding out for a Jaz appearance somewhere when
they're here, unlikely I know, but hey), and another festival thing with
Ozzy, Kiss, Alice Cooper, Shitesnake...bands I pretty much have to tick off.
Hoping Alice Cooper in particular will be worth it.

Oh and we get busy enough in NZ, I've managed to work myself to the point of
long term exhaustion several times over the last 8 years, took 3 months off
earlier in the year because I was good for fuck all (okay good for fuck all
LESS than before...)