[kj] OT: End of the Year! Post your BEST OF lists

Brendan Quinn bq at soundgardener.co.nz
Wed Jan 9 03:38:51 EST 2008

I've revised the lyrics to Africa, watch and sing along:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HKYgJpgD1w

I hear my gums echoing tonight
But jeers only - whispers like some silent constipation
She's weighing in at 235
The tuneless strings reflect the scars that beg for my cessation

I stopped at no man along the way
Hoping to find some johnny rotten words or basic melodies
He turned to me as if to say
Surly boy you've plagarised it too...

God I'd take a lot to take me away from you
There's something about a hundred men on mars and Scooby doo
I guess the bassist is Weird Al Yankovich
Gonna make this rhyme and tune the strings real bad...

My bollocks cry out in the night
As they grow restless from all this solitary company
I know that I must do what's right
Sure as kilimanjaro (his name for it...) rises with my limp wrist or al
dente spaghetti
I seek to procure whats deep inside, frightened of this thing that Ive made
numb

It's gonna take a lot to get it up for you
That's something that a hundred men or more could easily do
I got some aids from an african
Gonna take some time to see if it stings real bad...

Plinky plinky plinky plinky plinky dinkity plinky toodly toodly too

Hurry boy she's paid up until ten to

It's gonna take a lot to make me pay for you
That's something that a hundred men or more could never do
I bless the Rhymes of Weird Al Yankovich
I bless the Rhymes of Weird Al Yankovich
Etc
Gonna make this rhyme and tune the strings real bad...