[kj] OT: Led Zep to headline gig in States

Brendan bq at soundgardener.co.nz
Thu Jan 3 18:56:29 EST 2008

Cheers, Happy New Years to you and all as well :) Oh and Happy
Festivus...and whatever-season solstice, depending on wherever in the
world you live...

I paid a $10 cover charge to hang out in a depressing oldies pub with a
couple of hacks singing cheesy shit like "Achey Breaky Heart" (for FUCK'S
sake)...only point of interest the whole night was that there was weird a
guy who parked his arse next to our pool table, get this, dressed in a
flouro orange Post Office anorak (!)...I prudently didn't ask him to move
when he was blocking my shot...just as well really, he got two good smacks
from the bouncer later on for god knows what, he was definitely a bit on
the freaky side. I thought it was a bit over the top actually, he wasn't
big enough to do them any harm so they should have just controlled him. He
didn't come running back at them covered in his own shit, so he obviously
hasn't studied my methods of self defence. (The only problem with my
method is the training sessions are pretty messy ;)

So yeah, one of the lamest New Year's in living memory, my mate is gonna
be reminded of that for several months to come. I was mainly hanging out
with him cos he was a bit bummed, his wife up and decided to go on a
week's holiday to get a break from him. Everyone's relationships seem to
be up the shite around the end of the year, it's almost like watching them
fall...

Oh well. It's gonna be a good year for me I think, hopefully for everyone
here as well.