[kj] OT: New Goldfrapp album

Janean Lancaster Janean.Lancaster at hopwood.ac.uk
Fri Feb 29 09:46:59 EST 2008

It is a grower: I thought it was bland at first. But after a proper
listen (headphones/volume up) it's quite something.

Such a departure from their last two, but it's a welcome change - I
think they'd taken the glitzy/disco/glam as far as it'd go.

But you've got to be able to appreciate something that sounds like a
cross between Kate Bush and The Wicker Man! Which, I suppose most
Gatherers would barf at.