[kj] OT: UK death penalty/treason

fluke fluke fluke1 at live.co.uk
Fri Feb 29 05:36:38 EST 2008

I thought, and still do, that the death Penalty can still be invoked in times of war in the U.K .
If we are at War , which we currently are, and you commit treason , then you can receive the death penalty

From: fatpotanga at gmail.comDate: Fri, 29 Feb 2008 09:24:15 +0000To: gathering at misera.netSubject: [kj] OT: UK death penalty/treason
Following on from the comments below, I found this list - some rather surprising:

treason (until 1998),
piracy with violence (until 1998),
causing a fire or explosion in a naval dockyard, ship, magazine or warehouse (until 1971),
espionage[3] (until 1981), and
certain crimes under the jurisdiction of the armed forces, such as mutiny (until 1998).[2]