[kj] Killing Joke and the U.S.

B. Oliver Sheppard bigblackhair at sbcglobal.net
Thu Feb 28 14:27:22 EST 2008

Yeah, okay, so you haven't read my posts. Not all the Nazis' war command
was hanged for GENOCIDE. Theyw ere hanged for WAR CRIMES. The two can
overlap but are not necessarily the same. The Nuremberg Principles state
that if ones country is involved in an illegal war, citizens and
soldiers have not just a right but a DUTY to resist it. A few US troops
have gone AWOL and have become objectors of conscience, but many go off
and do it anyway.

To initiate a war of aggression ... is not only an international crime,
it is the supreme international crime, differing only from other war
crimes in that it contains within itself the accumulated evil of the whole."

-- International Military Tribunal at Nuremberg, Germany, 1946

This is what nazis were tried for -- initating a war of aggression. the
genocide, etc., was also part of the case against some Nazis but not all
of them. many were put on trial simply for initiating or being complicit
in invading France, Poland, etc. It is exactly comparable to what the US
has done to Iraq, a nation on the other side of the planet that posed no
threat to it, nd which did not attack it.

Back to KJ, Stubb's BBQ, SXSW (March) 2009. Pretty clear and easy. Could
be a one-off gig, would do wonders for KJ's publicity.

-Oliver