[kj] Killing Joke and the U.S.

sade1 saulomar1 at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 28 12:37:15 EST 2008

*check!* -- I believe that it's because K.J. are too real for American tastes .
*check!* -- Americans like posturing and posing and false gestures for a devious public .
*check!* -- Americans seem to want the bands of their choice to be like cartoon
characters**.
Americans seem to want fake emotion and tears on stage .
*check!* -- Americans want surreal characters in order to help them in their quest to escape
reality.
And K.J don't fit these requirements *check!* -- *check!* *check!**check!* *check!*

** tho' Jaz has long flirted with self-parody.

fluke fluke <fluke1 at live.co.uk> wrote:
.hmmessage P { margin:0px; padding:0px } body.hmmessage { FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY:Tahoma } Why did K.J never really gain popularity in the U.S.?
I believe that it's because K.J. are too real for American tastes .
Americans like posturing and posing and false gestures for a devious public .
Americans seem to want the bands of their choice to be like cartoon characters .
Americans seem to want fake emotion and tears on stage .
Americans want surreal characters in order to help them in their quest to escape reality.
And K.J don't fit these requirements

As the masters rot on walls
And the angels eat their grapes
I watched picasso