[kj] KJ 2008

Jim Harper jimharper666 at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Feb 28 08:18:26 EST 2008

Was it Coachella that had Bauhaus and Wire (and possibly Gang of Four? Could be wrong there though) in recent years? I always thought that would a sensible venue to help KJ move back into the public eye, since I'd imagine a number of fans of those bands would also turn out for Killing Joke.

Jim.

"B. Oliver Sheppard" <bigblackhair at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
Yes, the name "Stubb's BBQ" sounds podunk but it is a mid-size venue
with inside bar and another stage area for smaller bands. (Google their
webpage)

My idea for a one-off KJ appearance at Austin's SXSW was that it'd be an
easy thing to do (one show!) but it'd put KJ back on the map in a kind
of buzz-friendly, cool, savvy way. It would not require a US tour but
would effectively say, look, we're still here, and we can can still do
our shit (unles the performance absolutely sucked.). A lot of
punk/post-punk bands etc will come out of hiatus to do one-off SXSW
shows and they usually end up getting big write ups. It'd be hard for me
to imagine a band with KJ's history doing SXSW and not getting a lot of
buzz or just outright attention.

Of course it's too late to do it for this year's fest, which is in a
couple of weeks.

-Oliver

http://www.flipsidemovies.com
http://jimharper.blogspot.com