[kj] Killing Joke and the U.S.

B. Oliver Sheppard bigblackhair at sbcglobal.net
Thu Feb 28 07:20:52 EST 2008

Yeah, New Model Army in US are not "popular" but have managed a somewhat
comprehensive tour of the US regardless. Someone brought up that KJ were
barely known in the US. Same with NMA, or much less the dozens of
crustpunk bands that regularly tour the US from Scandinavia and Japan.

My initial wish, over a year or so ago, was that KJ would play Austin's
SXSW (March) fest as a one-off deal; that'd surely net them more than
300 people, create buzz, etc.

If KJ want assurances that at least 1000 plus people will be at every
show in the US, well, they might have to piggyback on the likes of
Motley Crue which they already did --in Europe!

-Oliver