[kj] Chat/IRC

Peter Adams praest76 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 27 14:13:36 EST 2008

On 25/02/2008, ade <ade at the-lab.zetnet.co.uk> wrote:

> Dude, I think the problem is that you're living in the past - as if anyone gives a flying fuck about netiquette these days. As if it's still important to conserve bandwidth.

Well, ok not really these days, though I'm on a 5gig cap because I
live in Ireland which still exists in the previous century.

I just think it's depressing to see people doing moronic things like
sending the weeks previous conversations or a quoted digest back to a
list. I don't get it. I also don't get why people can't spellcheck,
use correct capitalisation and punctuation. It's all an aid to
communication. There are loads of misunderstandings on this list and
others caused by people not being clear because they were in too much
of a rush to reply they didn't stop to think about the point they are
trying to get across and the best way to do it.

Living in the past? Perhaps. Only if in the present people have given
up on language. People should give a fuck about netiquette. The net is
full of trolling and flaming mainly due to people just posting
constant illiterate gibberish without putting thought or effort into
it. Hell it's actually seen as "uncool" by a lot of kids online to use
correct grammar, so no-one knows what the fuck any of them are saying.

> Anyway, I've stopped all the me too's, so the list should be fine now, LOL!!

Stop taking it personally Ade. I purely want people to put a bit more
thought into their postings, and to whether or not they want just to
be heard, or actually understood.

--
PRAEst76
http://www.escapism.co.uk/praest76