[kj] (OT) Iron Maiden Tonight / fave live albums

T.B. Partyslammer at socal.rr.com
Fri Feb 22 12:09:01 EST 2008

"Javier Garcia" wrote:

(snip)

> You just pushed the right button with your review on the Iron Maiden's

> concert as i'm going to see them for the very first time this Sunday

> 24th... don't ask me why is my first time as i used to love Iron Maiden in

> the eighties and this is the fifth time they visit Mexico city (one of

> those with that other awful singer, so that one doesn't counts ;). The

> fact is that now i'm pretty excited about the gig; your review just made

> my not very high expectations increase (i was excited, although i lost the

> I.M. interest circa "Seventh Son..." and after that i barely know some

> very few tracks), i didn't know they were so focused on their 80's music,

> so this concert fits just perfect to me!!

++++++++

Although Iron Maiden has never been among my top 10 favorite bands, I've
usually made it a point to see them when they play locally as they always
put on a solid show. And I'm pretty much with you, I lost interest after
the Seventh Son album although I like a couple tunes off the "No Prayer for
the Dying" and "Fear of the Dark" albums. Like I mentioned, this week's
show was probably the 2nd best show of the 7 or so times I've seen them
since '82, falling just behind the original '85 Powerslave tour. Seeing
them play "Ryme of the Ancient Mariner" for the first tour since '85 was
worth going in itself. You're going to have a blast.

T.B.