[kj] (OT) Everything spirals...

folk devil folkdevil_23 at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 21 22:01:58 EST 2008

I reckon we have some old Spiral Tribe lurkers, too.

United Systems?

From: folkdevil_23 at hotmail.comTo: gathering at misera.netDate: Thu, 21 Feb 2008 18:43:39 -0800Subject: Re: [kj] (OT) Everything everything...

I don't think the two 'bands' are that disparate; Alex P., Youth & Pandemonium connect a couple of dots. [for me anyhoo]. Nice to see peeps with eclectic tastes, though...must mean they like music ;)

Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2008 21:09:07 +0000From: ade at the-lab.zetnet.co.ukTo: gathering at misera.netSubject: Re: [kj] (OT) Everything everything...
Same here...

-----Original Message-----From: gathering-bounces at misera.net [mailto:gathering-bounces at misera.net]On Behalf Of sade1Sent: 21 February 2008 20:42To: A list about all things Killing Joke (the band!)Subject: Re: [kj] (OT) Everything everything...
I am genuinely surprised to see so many Underworld fans here
praising the music so much. Didn't think it would be that way.Phillipps Marc <Marc.Phillipps at enfield.nhs.uk> wrote:

>Second Toughest in the Infants - another favourite album of mine

Brilliant album . . . Pearls Girl must be in my top 20 all time favourite tracks

-----Original Message-----From: gathering-bounces at misera.net [mailto:gathering-bounces at misera.net]On Behalf Of JiriSent: 21 February 2008 16:21To: A list about all things Killing Joke (the band!)Subject: Re: [kj] (OT) Everything everything...When I lived in a dorm between a UAE citizen who was always shouting on the phone (not sure how careful he was w/ his breakfast rolls) and two Spaniards who were always shouting at their video game console, in order to nap I would blast "Second Toughest of the Infants" so that my mind could relax and drift into slumber. Falling into dreamworld to that album (the first two tracks in particular) at full volume surpasses any experience I've had on drugs.***And I second Mark's thoughts on Everything Everything: quite good, but doesn't capture the vibe the way some of the unofficial live stuff does. I think it may have been tainted a bit by the Beaucoup Fish-era vibe, which was nice but not as good.Leigh Newton wrote:

Second Toughest in the Infants - another favourite album of mine. A very colourful and mellow journey indeed.
----- Original Message ----From: Alexander Smith <vassifer at earthlink.net>To: A list about all things Killing Joke (the band!) <gathering at misera.net>Sent: Wednesday, February 20, 2008 5:28:49 PMSubject: Re: [kj] (OT) Everything everything...
"Juanita/Kiteless" is the most sublime thing they've ever done, if anyone were to ask me.

Alex in NYC