[kj] Killing Joke 2003 or Hosannas from the Basements of hell

sade1 saulomar1 at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 21 16:42:08 EST 2008

"For the record," i like KJ-2003 a good bit more.
"Off the record," i really like the songs on the Hosannas single; I would lump those together with KJ 2003 like some Japanese Super Enhanced- Cd.

KJ 2003 - D-n'-R., Asteroid, Implant, Blood On Your Hands,
Seeing Red, House that Pain Built, + Universe B and Afterburner.
HoFTheBoF - Hosannas.., Majestic, Walking With Gods, Lightbringer,
and my fave Implosion,

Hosannas has a great full sound and potential but it quickly [quickly] becomes over-
indulgent and just plain overdone. The average track length is 7 minutes!** because "you know who" couldn't help himself.
2003 felt really good especially after waiting 7 freakin' years for a cd from them. I was won over when "Implant" was released and it blew my mind: i had almost forgotten what Killing Joke doing something good, new and different sounded like. My heart skipped a beat when
the Cd finally came out.
Hosannas(sans the single), vs. 2003 = 7 to 5in KJ-2003's favor.

**only Banco De Gaia can get away
with doing this because..well, he's Banco.

Lennonka <lennonka at gmail.com> wrote:
I refuse to make a choice : )
There are great songs and weaker parts on both of them.

I don't have the most favorite album either.

Cheers

2008/2/21, fluke fluke <fluke1 at live.co.uk>: Which one do you like the best ?

--
With love & peace