[kj] OT: Boycotting the UAE is wrong

fluke fluke fluke1 at live.co.uk
Thu Feb 21 09:39:10 EST 2008

"And by the way, you fail to distinguish between drug trafficking and incidental presence of drugs on a person while travelling."

I believe that he got done for drug possession and thats what he got charged with, he would have got a heftier sentence or maybe even a limb amputation or a possible stoning to death if he had gotten prosecuted for drug trafficking................. Errrrmmm I assume that we are talking about that Radio DJ who got jailed in the U.A.E? ...I didn't see the initial post

Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2008 03:28:19 -0800From: saulomar1 at yahoo.comTo: gathering at misera.netSubject: Re: [kj] OT: Boycotting the UAE is wrong
An invasion: not at all; regime change: even less.

And by the way, you fail to distinguish between drug trafficking and incidental presence of drugs on a person while travelling. That is gravely, if unwittingly, wrong and dangerous. It exposes innocent persons to being held and processed for crimes they didn't commit.

It seems like a ploy to make a point on my part, but i'll explain:
recently i read that currently, a large majority of (mainly paper) currency - cash - can be positively tested for traces of one or more drugs, and that YOU or I will be in "possession" and tainted (complicity?) by this cash - and more than once.
Is one then guilty of drug traffiking, or corruption of society, or whatever else? Given how often cash circulates, especially in hi-density urban centers, how many people should we find guilty of drug trafficking because coke residue was all over their $20 bill they received as change at the airport gift shop?

And here's the really fun part: where these discoveries are more likely to be made are in the most highly tense of urban settings: airports. And train centers, and other assorted transportation centers or international points of entry, potentially making worse any possible overreactions by local authorities, given the current mood/s on the planet.
That could be you, or me, or someone we care about.

What happened in the UAE seems on the surface to be a stupid, imbecillic political and tabloid-style publicity stunt to somehow benefit the UAE or allies, all the while using innocent people as human pawns in the whole fucking process.
THERE'S your crime: in "immoblizing"[-as opposed to mobilising aka trafficking (in this example, taking of hostage)] another person from their own life and world, not some weed on a shoe.
C'mon. Weed, on a shoe?

~~ saul