[kj] (OT) Everything everything...

Mark Kolmar mkolmar at gmail.com
Wed Feb 20 19:09:16 EST 2008

I have several live recordings of Underworld, with a peak arguably
among several 2-hour sets circa 1996. The official live album is
certainly not bad, but to me it does not capture the same degree of
adventure and discovery as what circulates unofficially.

If you'll permit a couple of far-flung selections for these parts, may
I suggest James Brown's _Live at the Apollo_ sets from 1963 and 1968,
and a nod in the direction of _Sur Nos Forces Motrices_ by a
contemporary French artist Dominique A. The James Brown records
provide 2 early answers to the question, "Why should anyone make or
buy a live album?"

--Mark