[kj] When Goths Cry... middle class, working class ... it's all a load of ...

pssyche23 antoni at clara.net
Wed Feb 20 14:50:31 EST 2008

They now refer to it as "feral youth" over here ... a product of a broken and sick society ... devoid of any compassion, values or understanding for anyone else - every week there appears to be another story of a family man who interrupts a gang of mindless idiots causing some minor trouble on the street, then struck down in front of their own children and left to die ... it's like an epidemic ... nothing like the petty youth cult squabbles of the past ... and then there's the bizarre case of Bridgend in Wales ... another teenage suicide ... some 17 in the past year ... quote in the paper today from a 16 year old "these people are just bored of their lives, man. Kids here have been drinking, smoking dope, taking ecstasy, having sex since they were 13 or 14, so by the time they reach my age, they've done everything and they are bored shitless".

What sort of monster has been created ? There's a fucking world out there to explore and experience, the joys of seeing your own family growing up ... it's like a section of society has been left behind ... I bet they've all got their multi-channel TV, mobile phones & XBOX/DS/wii etc etc ... and why do kids aspire to all this irrelevant gangsta shite ... I think more grannies should go out wearing hoodies plus it keeps em warm in winter ... the hoodie craze would die down fairly quickly ... look, you don't live in the ghetto, you live in Milton Keynes & you hang around the shopping centre ... it is not the same thing ... c'mon Jon please give us your verdict on this problem ...