[kj] When Veggie Goths Cry...

melinda grant hollytree1961 at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 19 12:45:55 EST 2008

after beeibg a veggie for 20 years,i started eating fish again about a month ago--although i have not taken the plundge with either white or red mean.

milinda ps who has always hated sea food,you know cockles and all that stuff--shrimps ectuukk!

pps sorry leigh or was it greg cannot recall who now this is the last 4 today -earting fish is making me senile LOL!> Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2008 11:34:21 -0600> From: bigblackhair at sbcglobal.net> To: gathering at misera.net> Subject: Re: [kj] When Veggie Goths Cry...> > One of the very first issues of Details Magazine had an article titled > "How To Be Poor and Still Be Cool," or something like that. I really > wish I had saved it. It was simultaneously condescending & amusing. Two > of the suggestions I remember were: Orient your wardrobe around the > color black. It can be cheaper, can make otherwise second hand type > clothes not look as out of date, and usually automatically looks nicer. > And another one was "be a vegetarian." It would cut your grocery bills > (they said) and you would also "ooze credibility," something to play up > when/if folks wondered about your being poor. I began to think it was > all starting to sound rather Crass-ian.> > I wonder if this piece is online anywhere. This was from the late 1990s > or 2000.> > -Olier> > > folk devil wrote:> > I have recently started eating meat [chicken and fish] again, after 23 > > years!!> > I may go back...> >> >> > _______________________________________________> Gathering mailing list> Gathering at misera.net> http://four.pairlist.net/mailman/listinfo/gathering