[kj] Strange "controversy" a-brewing: Prada runway show in Milan plays Death in June's music

folk devil folkdevil_23 at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 13 20:50:42 EST 2008

Well, you could say the same about screwdriver, but they were a bunch of tossers, also.
As for Douglas, he's bright enough to see what 'message' their music [and art] conveys.

Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2008 15:33:47 -0800From: go1845 at yahoo.comTo: gathering at misera.netSubject: Re: [kj] Strange "controversy" a-brewing: Prada runway show in Milan plays Death in June's music
This story intrigued me and I googled Death in June to see what came up. Their wikipedia page might well be written by a fan - it seems to play down the neo-fascist/Nazi stuff.
This article - http://www.stewarthomesociety.org/dij.htm - has a bit of a closer look at them in the context of punk rock and anti-racism (Death in June began life as a punk band called Crisis). The overall conclusion by the author is that Death in June *is* playing up the neo-fascist/Nazi stuff but their motivation is the almighty dollar (or pound sterling in this case) - controversy sells.

Geoff

P.S. Adam and the Ants also feature in the article