[kj] "Bert, hey Bert? Are you asleep Bert?"

B. Oliver Sheppard bigblackhair at sbcglobal.net
Tue Feb 12 15:58:33 EST 2008

I can't remember if it was here we/someone had a tongue-in-cheek convo
about all the unwritten rules of punk --

Like, if you're in a punk band, you are NOT allowed to wear your own
band's shirt on stage, unless you are Motorhead or the Ramones, in which
case it is okay. Also, if you are carpooling to a show, and you're
wearing a kind of obscure-ish band's shirt, and suddenly you pick up
another guy/gal, and by coincidence that person is wearing the exact
same shirt you already have on, then that person must go back in and
change their shirt immediately.

Another might be dressing in all black while at the same stating it
doesn't matter how you look to be a punk, it only matters on what's the
inside -- but I'll dress like all the other punks anyway, etc. There
were some others but I forgot'em all. Two full sets of drums side by
side seems a bit excessive to me, though...

-Oliver