[kj] When Goths Cry...

ade ade at the-lab.zetnet.co.uk
Mon Feb 11 05:51:50 EST 2008

And so begins the debate !

Death Rock / Goth - is it actually possible to clarify this one, other than mumbling "erm, similar-ish" ?

I love SOME elements of goth, such as Bauhaus, Banshees, some Sisters, mighty Nephs, March Violets. But I'm a big post-punk fan & there's that period when the cross-over was so great between those genres that you can hardly pin the bands down to any particular sound.

I think when I listened to that Cleopatra tribute album (here it fucking well is: http://www.amazon.com/Passion-Covers-Tribute-Bauhaus/dp/B000001JU6 - gotta puke at the reviews - gas them like badgers), with all those AWFUL covers, which are truly SHITE, I realised that I was only really interested in the earlier bands, for their inventiveness I expect.