[kj] t.b/ade-btw-ice-t and perry.f were palls also.... ;)

melinda grant hollytree1961 at hotmail.com
Sun Feb 10 14:48:32 EST 2008

i am so sick of the fact that racism still exists here in this world in this day and age of 2008,thats all i have to say on the subject reallyreally ;/ apart from its about time everyone grew up where that subject is concerned and started to change there point of view b.4 its to late ;) a smile from me in sarcasm btw !!

milinda ps t.b/ade-- perry from janes addiction and ice.t were friends ;) and im leaving it at tha as ive already posted my views on that thread yesterdayt!!> Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2008 00:51:49 +0000> From: ade at the-lab.zetnet.co.uk> To: gathering at misera.net> Subject: Re: [kj] that shocked me t.b/ice-t and perry.f ;(> > Racism is everywhere, between every different people - I'm SO bored of the simplistic white/black view. > > It was Paul McCuntny & tragically, Stevie Wonder (who should've packed it in just as the 80's started)> > > -----Original Message-----> From: gathering-bounces at misera.net> [mailto:gathering-bounces at misera.net]On Behalf Of T.B.> Sent: 10 February 2008 00:46> To: A list about all things Killing Joke (the band!)> Subject: Re: [kj] that shocked me t.b/ice-t and perry.f ;(> > > "melinda grant" wrote:> > i was quite shocked by that t.b and a little saddened ice-t and perry f(he > dont half look like jazes double hay ;)),are they joking? or are they just > portraying social tensions between black and whites in u.s.a,where there is > a lack of understanding between some of the cultures? note everyone is > rascist of course not in u.s.a but its a known fact that there is some > tension--t.b wished you had not posted this ;(> > btw i never would of taken perry farrel as a recist i think he is just > acting a type of person ;)!!!!> > pps personally, i have not encountered much racism in u.k,also i was born > and partly educated in u.k> > +++++++> > It's actually a cover song originally done by Sly and The family Stone and > was recorded (but never officially released on an album) and played live > with Ice T and his metal band Body Count during Jane's 1991 Lollapalooza > tour as a sort of confrontational indictment of racism. IMO, the idea > didn't quite match the song choice or execution when they did it and > obviously judging from your comment and other comments on the video, it > still confuses a lot of people to this day. However, the fact that it > *does* get listeners/viewers' attention and gets people questioning whether > it's a "joke" or not and what the true meaning behind it may be is worth > more than a dozen far more preachy, "feel good" songs (Michael Jackson and > Paul McCartney's "Ebony and Ivory" anyone?) in itself.> > And yes, there is plenty of racism here in the US, and not just between > Blacks and Whites.> > Here's a live version from that tour that may get the point across better:> > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Prpi-aLDoG4> > T.B. > > > _______________________________________________> Gathering mailing list> Gathering at misera.net> http://four.pairlist.net/mailman/listinfo/gathering> > > _______________________________________________> Gathering mailing list> Gathering at misera.net> http://four.pairlist.net/mailman/listinfo/gathering