[kj] OTa q..4 antoni ;)

pssyche23 antoni at clara.net
Sat Feb 9 16:08:30 EST 2008

Well, I know a bit about IBM mainframes but sadly my PC and laptop skills are as basic as anyone else's ... hence I have lost data and emails over the years after PC crashes. In my humble opinion, laptop wise you couldn't do much better than getting one of the high spec top brands at PC World for about 500 quid ... my own Toshiba cost 999 GBP about 4 or 5 years ago ... 2.8Ghz 512Mb RAM with a 30Gb hard drive ... the new builds would have a lot more memory and much larger hard drive ... then I'd say don't bother with the Norton stuff ... it just slows everything down ... I use free AVG for anti-virus & have Windows Defender running for other "threats" ... but I'm sure there is an army of PC whizzos on this list who could give much better advice than me ... Regards, Antoni