[kj] OT : ISS & Shuttle Atlantis

pssyche23 antoni at clara.net
Sat Feb 9 15:16:18 EST 2008

* http://spaceflight1.nasa.gov/realdata/sightings/cities/region.cgi?country=United_Kingdom&region=England *

Doh, doh, doh ... managed to check the above link for Stevenage (the info would have related to any place in the London or South East region) and get the 9th & 10th Feb mixed up, hence stuck my head up out there just after 18:30 GMT hoping to see a 2 minutes duration pass at 18:36 from west to east (max elevation 85 degrees) of the International Space Station with Shuttle Atlantis attached ... indeed it occurred earlier at 18:15 & I've seen emails from folks who've seen it !!!

In the UK it is a crystal clear night tonight so it's a bit of a shame I managed to cock it all up, I was putting the shopping away !!! Anyway, there are further opportunities but tonight's was the best by far ... if anyone's able to view tomorrow, approx 18:36 is the time then 17:52 on Tuesday, other days the elevation is probably too low ... at least the URL will come in handy for any future attempts at viewing ... from your resident scribe with his head always looking upwards ...

Regards, Antoni