[kj] Subliminal version of The Beautiful Dead

B. Oliver Sheppard bigblackhair at sbcglobal.net
Sat Feb 9 11:25:55 EST 2008

Man, I don't know about this -- this swank version of "The Beautiful
Dead" it almost sounds like sleazy lounge music. (That is , the one
being discussed at : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IfBl1aKOxKo )

The original version of "The Beautiful Dead," to me, sounds like the
template for so many Nine Inch Nails songs, especially NIN songs of _The
Fragile_ era. Almost every track on NIN's _The Fragile_, in other words,
sounds like some take on "The Beautiful Dead." Think about it! It's true!

-Oliver