[kj] Exorcism

Brendan Quinn bq at soundgardener.co.nz
Tue Feb 5 17:40:00 EST 2008

One thing I’d point out…from my perspective we’re about as
supertechnological as chopsticks. And about as superintelligent as your
average Chihuahua. We can’t stop breeding and fighting and competing and
co-operate long enough to sort out the urgent problems of over-population,
war / competition, climate change, and reality tv.

Computers are not anywhere close to the level of processing power in the
human brain…by about 2020 at this rate (Moore’s law) they will be. Watch the
fuck out then…

HYPERLINK
"http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Technological_singularity"http://en.wikipedia.
org/wiki/Technological_singularity