[kj] Oi! When you change the topic, change the subject.

PRAEst76 praest76 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 3 11:03:52 EST 2008

Owen Roberts wrote:

> I just got on the dole myself,I signed on for the first time thursday

> before last,and I'm STILL waiting for my money!The welfare systems a

> fucking joke!

Last time I signed on they took over a month to sort my money out. At my
last signing before I got the giro (I arranged to have it paid into my
bank account which is what they reccomend, but they arsed that up) I got
told that my money could be suspended or stopped if I wasn't seen to be
making enough effort to find work. I asked them "what money?".

Never again. Taking a job degunking the drains out the back of a
hairdressers is less shameful that the dole. It's no wonder so many
long-term unemployed end up going on the sick. The social shame you are
made to feel would drive you to wrist slitting or Tesco Value booze.

--
PRAEst76
http://www.escapism.co.uk/praest76