[kj] OT: selling shit on eBay

T.B. Partyslammer at socal.rr.com
Fri Feb 1 18:05:29 EST 2008

"Alexander Smith" wrote:

Yeah, all of it sounds like just a wee bit too much trouble for the
sake of getting forty bucks for an old Julian Cope disc. Ugh.

++++++++++

I've sold probably about 300 items on eBay since '98 ranging from a single
$2 cd to a $2,000 guitar and $5,000 amp and just about everything inbetween
and I've bought about three times that amount in mechandise from hundreds of
auctions I've won. Out of all those transactions, I think I've been
outright burned maybe twice by non-paying buyers and a couple times by
people who's items I paid for but never receieved or got a refund for. It's
still a learning process though and it really helps to know the market for
whatever you're selling or buying.

Seriously, if all you're looking to do is sell 1 or 2 items in the forseable
future, especially something like cds, you're better off posting in any of
hundreds of music-related forums, especially those relating to the artist(s)
you selling cds of. or if there's a decent used record store locally that
buys and sells truly collectable music items, trying that option.

As others have already posted in your thread, in regards to eBay, little
things like listing fees, sold item fees and shipping costs chip away at
your profit margin especially for something that's only going to sell for
20 - 40 bucks, not to mention the time and effort to list and keep track of
the item(s) in the first place.

T.B.