[kj] OT: selling shit on eBay

death wish dwish2000 at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 1 16:40:48 EST 2008

Hey Alex,

I've sold quite a bit over the years on Ebay and my main advice is to set a minimum starting bid you're happy with. I think the trend over time has been that Ebay has become more of a buyers market, so people are getting a lot of cheap deals.

For every reasonably priced item out there, there's bound to be someone dumping their collection cheap tomorrow, next week, or soon enough. Most Ebayers are pretty savvy now and understand this. You don't want to set a minimum bid of a buck and then be bummed out when you only get one (minimum) bid.

Register with Ebay, and then do some research - see if your items have sold recently and for how much, how many bidders, etc. If you've got a nice collection of early Blur cd singles, you might consider selling it as a set.

Good luck.

T.