[kj] [OT] Wire...

Jim Harper jimharper666 at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Dec 31 09:54:47 EST 2008

Due to thevarious wire-related links that have been popping up recently, I've taken the long-overdue leap of actually giving the band a serious listen. I've always loved Map Ref, but some of the other stuff isn't quite so immediate, so I've shied away from checking them out. However, two of the recent postings- One Of Us and Comet are both quite excellent, so I'm delving a little further. Which leads me to one question:

Has Bruce Gilbert's departure adversely affected the band? So far the material on Object 47 seems to be only slightly inferior to the earlier work that I've heard (and only very slightly... it's really very very good). What are the thoughts of more seasoned wireheads?

Jim.

NOW AVAILABLE: Flowers From Hell: The Modern Japanese Horror Film, by Jim Harper (Noir Publishing).

"Fascinating overview of the Japanese horror boom... Comprehensive, in-depth and slickly presented."- DVD Monthly.

Available from Noir Publishing, Amazon.co.uk, Waterstones and all good bookstores.